[imp] SendMail .forward problem

Tim Gorter email@teletechnics.com
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 03:17:46 +0200

One way to have both is by using procmail if you have that installed on
your computer. If you check the sork archives you will find a patch for the
forwards module that will allow you to do this. It's code that is still in
development, but your welcome to try.

Sunday, September 1, 2002, 10:12:52 PM, Alexander Dalloz wrote:

AD> Hello,

>> Yes, I know, but I installed sork forward and vacation module a few days
>> ago.
>> I discoverd that forward and vacation will overwrite same .forward,
>> eg:
>> .forward generated by sork forward module, may be overwrite by other
>> .forward generated by sork vacation module later.  The forward module will
>> not check the .forward file exist or not.
>>
>> So that, I want to config two .forwad in sendmail, one for forward module
>> and one for vacation module,

AD> No, sendmail will only handle one .forward file, unless you patch the
AD> sendmail source. I do not recomment that.
AD> Better way is to use a module that allows you to manage the vacation feature
AD> and forwarding to other email addresses. As it is possible at same time it
AD> should be only a small problem to solve.

AD> Alexander

AD> Btw: you email address is not working!

AD> --
AD> Alexander Dalloz
AD> Enger, Germany

AD> PGP fingerprint: 2307 88FD 2D41 038E 7416  14CD E197 6E88 ED69 5653
AD> PGP key valid: made 13.07.1999

Teletechnics Afield
Tel +44 (0)7785 977 087 Fax +44 (0)20 7681 1178
mailto:email@teletechnics.com   http://www.teletechnics.com

currently in: Barcelona, Spain.