[imp] Downloading Attachments Problem

Rodolfo Segleau segleaur@mechanus.org
Mon, 2 Sep 2002 20:14:29 -0500

> ----- Message from chuck@horde.org ---------
>     Date: Mon,  2 Sep 2002 18:34:45 -0400
>     From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
>  Subject: Re: [imp] Downloading Attachments Problem
>       To: imp@lists.horde.org
>
> Quoting Rodolfo Segleau <segleaur@mechanus.org>:
>

> I'm seeing some binary attachments become corrupted; I'm updating PHP now,
> and will try to see if that changes anything.
>
> Gollem doesn't send a content-length when downloading, while IMP does; if
> you change:
>
> $browser->downloadHeaders($mime->getName(true), null, false, strlen($body));
>
> to:
>
> $browser->downloadHeaders($mime->getName(true));
>
> ... does that change anything?
>
> -chuck
>
> ----- Message from chuck@horde.org ---------
>     Date: Mon,  2 Sep 2002 18:34:45 -0400
>     From: Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org>
>  Subject: Re: [imp] Downloading Attachments Problem
>       To: imp@lists.horde.org
>
> Quoting Rodolfo Segleau <segleaur@mechanus.org>:
>
> I'm seeing some binary attachments become corrupted; I'm updating PHP now,
> and will try to see if that changes anything.
>
> Gollem doesn't send a content-length when downloading, while IMP does; if
> you change:
>
> $browser->downloadHeaders($mime->getName(true), null, false, strlen($body));
>
> to:
>
> $browser->downloadHeaders($mime->getName(true));
>
> ... does that change anything?

I haven't updated PHP (as per Jan's suggestion yet), but i checked the view.php
and this is the code that seems to be it:

case VIEW_ATTACH:
    $body = $imp_contents->renderMIMEPart($mime);
    $browser->downloadHeaders($mime->getName(true),
                              $imp_contents->getMIMEViewerType($mime) . ';
charset=' . $imp_contents->getMIMEViewerCharset($mime),
                              true, strlen($body));
    echo $body;
    exit;
    break;

So i changes the $browser line to what you suggested, and the problem remains,
though augmented. I can hear the drives on the server spin like crazy, but of
an attachment that is 437K, it only downloaded 180K (according to MSIE).

Cheers,

Rodolfo

Cheers,

Rodolfo