[imp] IMP 3.1 over quota problems

Aaron Paetznick aaronp@critd.com
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 09:25:21 -0500

When using $_prefs['use_trash']['value'] = 1, I found an interesting
catch-22 when the mailbox is over quota.  A user can't delete any email
from a mailbox that is over quota when using the use_trash pref->because
the IMAP server can't move the email to the trash->because their mailbox
is over quota->because the user can't delete any email...

For now I'm going to go back to using the old "purge mailbox" method.
In the future, maybe we should give the user a "force delete" option or
something similar to avoid this kind of thing...

Thanks for the great software!

--Aaron