[imp] Re: gettext does not work

Laurent Larquère llarquere@aacom.fr
Tue, 03 Sep 2002 23:46:27 +0200

noone replied, then u'll find here ways to explore :
- verify the presence of language yy_YY in
/usr/lib/locale/yy_YY/yy_YY.so.2 (eg: pkg SUNWweuos for W.Europe)
- presence of .mo (compiled) files in horde/locale/yy_YY/LC_MESSAGES
- horde/lib/Lang.php  Lang::setLang($lang = null)
- php.ini ; safe_mode_allowed_env_vars = LANG , LANGUAGE [, TEXTDOMAIN ,
TEXTDOMAINDIR]
- accepted languages set in your browser
- horde/config/lang.php ; $nls['defaults']['language'] = 'nl_NL';
- horde/config/prefs.php ; $_prefs['language']  ( ['value'], ['shared']
, ['locked'] )
- imp/config/prefs.php ; $prefGroups['language'] (same fields)
playing with that, perhaps you find the right combination

hope this help

Inge Bonninga wrote:

>All,
>
>Thank all for your help.
>I stopped httpd; LD_PRELOAD="libintl.so"; start httpd
>Now is the situation:
>
>* calling gettext on the command line (according README)
>->  no translation.
>
>* webmail
>->  everything is in Dutch; it looks fine.
>
>* trying to change the language to English or another
>language in the login screen:
>->  No effect, now I have Dutch it stays Dutch all the time.
>
>kindly regards,
>Inge Bonninga
>
>Mariusz Zynel schreef:
>

>>Jan Schneider wrote:

>>>Did you rebuilt the .mo files by running make in all the po directories?
>>>Restarting the webserver after doing so might also be necessary.
>>>
>>>Jan.
>>>

>>I'm not sure if that is the case here, but it is important on
>>Solaris to have httpd linked to the same libintl.so as PHP is
>>linked to.
>>
>>--
>>         .
>>Mariusz Zynel         University of Bialystok, Institute of Mathematics
>>                                  Akademicka 2, 15-267 Bialystok, Poland

<head>
  <title></title>
</head>
noone replied, then u'll find here ways to explore :<br>
- verify the presence of language yy_YY in /usr/lib/locale/yy_YY/yy_YY.so.2
(eg: pkg SUNWweuos for W.Europe)<br>
- presence of .mo (compiled) files in horde/locale/yy_YY/LC_MESSAGES<br>
- horde/lib/Lang.php &nbsp;Lang::setLang($lang = null)<br>
- php.ini ; safe_mode_allowed_env_vars = LANG , LANGUAGE [, TEXTDOMAIN ,
TEXTDOMAINDIR]<br>
- accepted languages set in your browser<br>
- horde/config/lang.php ; $nls['defaults']['language'] = 'nl_NL';<br>
- horde/config/prefs.php ; $_prefs['language'] &nbsp;( ['value'], ['shared'] ,
['locked'] )<br>
- imp/config/prefs.php ; $prefGroups['language'] (same fields)<br>
playing with that, perhaps you find the right combination<br>
hope this help<br>
Inge Bonninga wrote:<br>
  <pre wrap="">All,

Thank all for your help.
I stopped httpd; LD_PRELOAD="libintl.so"; start httpd
Now is the situation:

* calling gettext on the command line (according README)
-&gt;  no translation.

* webmail
-&gt;  everything is in Dutch; it looks fine.

* trying to change the language to English or another
language in the login screen:
-&gt;  No effect, now I have Dutch it stays Dutch all the time.

kindly regards,
Inge Bonninga

Mariusz Zynel schreef:
  </pre>
    <pre wrap="">Jan Schneider wrote:
    </pre>
      <pre wrap="">Zitat von Inge Bonninga <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:I.Bonninga@uci.kun.nl">&lt;I.Bonninga@uci.kun.nl&gt;</a>:

      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">system: solaris 8, PMDF 6.1, horde 2.1, imp 3.1, php 4.2.2
        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">
      </pre>
        <pre wrap="">I use gettext from Solaris (/usr/bin/gettext).
I notice that the mo-files are not used.
        </pre>
      <pre wrap="">
Did you rebuilt the .mo files by running make in all the po directories?
Restarting the webserver after doing so might also be necessary.

Jan.
      </pre>
    <pre wrap="">I'm not sure if that is the case here, but it is important on