[imp] Feature Request: NoPopup behaviors

Ryan Gallagher ryan@studiesabroad.com
Thu, 5 Sep 2002 14:04:32 -0500

Could IMP honor a url variable popup=0 regardless of the user prefs.

Am using IMP as default mail handler under windows and don't mind the pop-ups
when I'm inside IMP (because they are explicitly requested popups)... however
when using a Windows triggered URL:MailTo action (e.g.
https://mail.example.com/horde/imp?action=compose&popup=0) the popup value gets
over-ridden by the prefs.

This is not desirable because:
 a) popup that occurs this way is "un-requested" and blocked if browser security
is tight.
 b) if the browser permits this action, you will get 2 windows for every compose
request (IMP + compose).

I find it desirable to have different behaviors inside versus outside IMP.

Just a request...

I think i know the answer to this one already, "patches are welcome". ;-)
--
Ryan T. Gallagher
ryan@studiesabroad.com