[imp] Running HEAD and production side-by-side...

tomc@teamics.com tomc@teamics.com
Fri, 6 Sep 2002 13:19:58 -0500

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote
>Quoting Rick Emery <rick@emery.2y.net>:
>
>> So, I took the plunge and got the latest from cvs. Everything seems good
>> (I'm not completely finished configuring yet), but I notice under
>> there are additional preferences. I haven't tried anything yet, but
>> wouldn't I need to run the HEAD db scripts to create the preferences
>> tables with the new fields? First I would have to drop the existing
>> database, right? Does anybody know if IMP 3.1 will use the preference
>> tables for HEAD?

When I tested the new version I created a mysql db with the name "horde31".
I had to edit the various conf files and the create_mysql.sql file, but it
was no big deal.   When I look at mysql I see I have a "horde" db with no
real traffic against it in a long time and a "horde31" which contains the
real stuff.  Copying data from horde to horde31 was pretty easy, too.  As I
recall, I did a comma separated export from horde, then did an import into
horde31.  Or perhaps it was a direct copy of everything except turba,
because only turba had charged.

Either way, I would suggest just creating an alternate DB, then stuff it
with test data using sql.

tc

On Fri, 6 Sep 2002, Chuck Hagenbuch <chuck@horde.org> wrote
>Quoting Rick Emery <rick@emery.2y.net>:
>
>> So, I took the plunge and got the latest from cvs. Everything seems good
>> (I'm not completely finished configuring yet), but I notice under
>> there are additional preferences. I haven't tried anything yet, but
>> wouldn't I need to run the HEAD db scripts to create the preferences
>> tables with the new fields? First I would have to drop the existing
>> database, right? Does anybody know if IMP 3.1 will use the preference
>> tables for HEAD?
>
>The tables are no different; you don't have to drop or recreate anything.

If your asking about apps other than IMP I'm pretty sure there are
differences in the Turba tables if you use an sql source, because I had
to make some changes the other night. In particular, the addition of
object_type and object_members to support lists, and object_pgppublickey
if you want to store keys there.

Getting the Kronolith HEAD to work also required the creation of
horde_categories. Or was it already there but I had to make changes to
horde/conf.php to use it - I can't remember.

--
Chris Hastie