[imp] Re: Login Problem

Gavin Hamill gdh@acentral.co.uk
Sun, 8 Sep 2002 13:21:08 +0100

> When I sign into IMP it returns the login screen back to me like it is
waiting for me to
> sign in again.  The logs show that the authentication was successful but
not sure where
> to start to look.

> Any one have a clue they can point me to?

I'd first eliminate IMP from the equation and ensure your IMAP server really
is letting people log in properly... the best way is to do it raw :)

Do 'telnet localhost 143' and type

1 LOGIN yourusername yourpassword

You will get back either '1 OK LOGIN Ok' or '1 NO Login failed.'

Now try

2 SELECT "INBOX"

and you should get back lots of info on INBOX =)

finally

3 UID FETCH 1:* (ENVELOPE)

will get you lots of info on the senders of each mail in your INBOX...

If that all works, then I'd use a packet tracer to see exactly what IMP is
sending to your IMAP server...

gdh