Fwd: Re: [imp] another IMP CVS HEAD bug in MIME handling

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Mon, 9 Sep 2002 11:59:02 -0600

----- Forwarded message from slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu -----
    Date: Mon,  9 Sep 2002 11:58:24 -0600
    From: Michael M Slusarz <slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu>
 Subject: Re: [imp] another IMP CVS HEAD bug in MIME handling
      To: Sheeri Kritzer <sheeri.kritzer@tufts.edu>

Quoting Sheeri Kritzer <sheeri.kritzer@tufts.edu>:

| > This was never broken in IMP 3.1 - this was broken during my revamp of
| the
| > MIME framework in HEAD.  Sending a message in IMP 3.1 with an
| attachment
| > correctly sets the content-type to multipart/mixed.
|
| Can you explain to me where I can look to see whether or not what I have
| is broken or fixed?  Because it's very possible that I downloaded
| something that was broken.  And certainly the IMP I have (which I
| downloaded from the website as a .tar.gz file) exhibits that behavior.

This was the fix:
http://cvs.horde.org/co.php/horde/lib/MIME/Message.php?r=1.36

If you notice, the fix was to the class variable $_flags - this variable
does not exist in any of the IMP 3.x or RELENG branches - it is HEAD
specific.

IMP 3.x may send attachments as application/octet-stream if the browser
does not report sufficient MIME information about the file.  Maybe this is
the behavior you are seeing - I can not reproduce the problem here (i.e. if
I attach a text/plain and an image/jpeg file, both content-types are
correctly reported in the sent message using IMP RELENG).

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder

----- End forwarded message -----