[imp] Sessions question

Nigel Cass N.Cass@Hull.ac.uk
Fri, 13 Sep 2002 12:10:01 +0100

Hi All.

I have the following problem - after a while of inactivity a users
session will expire (I'm not fully sure where that is set - is it a
php.ini setting ?) and when they try an action they end up being sent
back to the login page with the session expired message.

Problem is that they then can't login until they close all open browser
windows. I presume this is because I have session.cookie_lifetime = 0
set in the php.ini. Does this sound correct ?

Say I wanted to have a system where after 90 minutes of inactivity an
imp session would expire but users would be able to log back in without
closing the browser - what php.ini settings and/or imp configuration
would I need ?

Nigel Cass.