[imp] Logging, administration and debugging for the utterly clueless

Joost De Cock joost.decock@astrid.be
Mon, 16 Sep 2002 15:06:58 +0200

Hi all,

$pth="/path_to_horde";  --> makes it easier for me to explain

I have a problem, and it started out as this.
I added myself to the admins array in /$pth/config/horde.php like this:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('jdc');

Figuring it would be good for my ego ;)
Problem is, I can't see the icon for administration anywhere.
of user, so I changed the line above to:

$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('jdc@astrid.be');
and I even tried
$conf['auth']['admins'] = array('jdc@webmail.astrid.be');

But nothing happened.
This raises my first question, when I change horde.php, are those changes
active when I do a logout-login?
I do think they are, so I continue assuming they do.
Figuring my username for horde mustn't be the imap username but something
different (I used tcpdump and conencted over http to verify that the IMAP
server gets only 'jdc' and it does) I hoped I would be able to get it logged
somewhere.

Second problem: No matter what I set the logging to in
/$pth/config/horde.php it only logs logins and logouts.
Is this normal behaviour? I have the feeling that it doesn't really cares
about what I want. I have it on:

$conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;

and still I only see logins and logouts like:

Sep 16 14:27:09 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for jdc [111.222.333.444]
to {444.333.222.111:143} [on line 64 of
"/var/www/html/horde/imp/redirect.php"]

(the ip addresses are changed)

Can anybody give me an idea about how I can get some more info that will
allow me to tackle my problems, and understanding why they occur. What is
the way to go to add some debug code in horde/imp do I just throw in:

Horde::logMessage($whatever_I_want, LOG_NOTICE);

or what?

Thanks a lot.

Joost

The information in this mail is confidential and is intended solely
for the addressee(s).
Access to this email by anyone else is unauthorised. If you are not
an intended recipient, you must not read, use or disseminate the
information contained in the email.