[imp] Session Keys in URL

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Wed, 18 Sep 2002 16:55:59 -0600

Quoting Nigel Cass <N.Cass@Hull.ac.uk>:

| If anyone knows the answer to this question I would greatly appreciate a
| response.
|
| > Under what circumstances does IMP use session keys in the URL ? - it
| > seems that it depends exactly what URL I type as to whether I get a
| > cookie or a session id in the URL.

I think that some scripts (e.g. redirect.php, index.php) hardcode the
session id in the URL because cookies may not be available - since the
session ID has not been internally stored via PHP yet (you haven't logged
in, for example) they need to be propogated somehow.

Then again, I could be completely wrong... I don't have the source code
handy right now.

michael

Michael Slusarz [slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu]
The University of Colorado at Boulder