[imp] Little IMAPD problem

DJ Querner Jordy@Querner.com
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 14:40:18 +0200

Hey all,
=20
Im not quite experienced with the imap protocol or imapd implementation.
I try to install Cyrus with (pam_)MySQL and postfix support. I installed
postfix and MySQL quite a long time ago and implemented that quite often
so I don=92t see the problem there. The real problems start with cyrus.
Installed the package with pam auth (see configfile). I used replex
(www.replex.org <http://www.replex.org/> ) a imapd manager to create
virtual users (replex1 and replex2). After I send a testmail to
cyrus@bigbudda.nl and jordyq@bigbuddha.nl (user replex1) I get both the
mails back with the following error:
=20
<cyrus@bigbuddha.nl>: data format error. Command output: : Mailbox
    does not exist cyrus: Mailbox does not exist replex2: Mailbox does
not
    exist
=20
<replex2@bigbuddha.zenhosting.nl>: data format error. Command output: :
Mailbox
    does not exist cyrus: Mailbox does not exist replex2: Mailbox does
not
    exist
=20
the error logs show about the same problem.=20
=20
When I log in as user cyrus on the localmachine and I run imtest:
=20
cyrus@BigBuddha:/var/imap/user$  imtest -m login -p imap localhost
S: * OK BigBuddha Cyrus IMAP4 v2.1.9 server ready
C: C01 CAPABILITY
S: * CAPABILITY IMAP4 IMAP4rev1 ACL QUOTA LITERAL+ MAILBOX-REFERRALS
NAMESPACE UIDPLUS ID NO_ATOMIC_RENAME UNSELECT CHILDREN MULTIAPPEND SORT
THREAD=3DORDEREDSUBJECT THREAD=3DREFERENCES IDLE STARTTLS
S: C01 OK Completed
Please enter your password:
C: L01 LOGIN cyrus {8}
S: + go ahead
C: <omitted>
S: L01 NO Login failed: user not found
Authentication failed. generic failure
Security strength factor: 0
=20
The password is not accepted because the user does not exists. I guess I
have no default user or the system will not let me log on for some
reason. I really don=92t get this, is there anyone there who can help =
me?
=20
Jordy Querner
=20
=20
---------------------------- imapd.conf
-----------------------------------
root@BigBuddha:/etc# cat imapd.conf
configdirectory: /var/imap
partition-default: /var/spool/imap
admins: cyrus root rjordyq
srvtab: /var/imap/srvtab
allowanonymouslogin: no
sasl_passwd_check: pam
tls_cert_file: /var/imap/server.pem
tls_key_file: /var/imap/server.pem
=20
root@BigBuddha:/etc/pam.d# cat imap
   auth       required     /lib/security/pam_mysql.so  user=3Droot =
passwd=3D
host=3Dlocalhost db=3Dpostfix table=3Daccountuser usercolumn=3Dusername
passwdcolumn=3Dpassword crypt=3D0
   account      required     /lib/security/pam_mysql.so  user=3Droot