[imp] Re: Hide "From" field in compose window

Peter Arien peter.arien@cc.kuleuven.ac.be
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 15:40:27 +0200

Andreas

lst_hoe wrote:
> we have the need that for our users the "From" field in the compose window
> isnīt visible because they canīt change it anyway and it shows the login-id
> which is rewrited by the MTA for sending.
> As this leads to confusion and we don't want to feed another database for
> rewrite the header we hide this field at all.
>
> I have done this by changing "imp/templates/compose/compose.inc" to honor
> the setting "allow_from" which can be set in "imp/config/conf.php"
> according to the other possible settings (allow_bcc, allow_cc).
>
> It would be nice if this feature can be integrated in IMP if it doesn't
> conflict with other code or if someone (beside me) found it useful.
> Any thoughts on this are welcome and let me know if i should provide
> further information on the changes i have made.

Here too that is the cause of a lot of user confusion.
I wanted to look into the userinfo hooks, but we serve
a lot of different mailservers, whose users are not all
defined in the central ldap database. Using the userinfo
hook to get the real name and email adres, and hiding the
From: field for those users who are not in ldap, would
be a nice solution.

--
Peter

  K.U.Leuven - LUDIT             -=- Tel: +32 16 322219
  peter.arien@cc.kuleuven.ac.be  -=- http://pa.cc.kuleuven.ac.be