[imp] Problems with PGP support in IMP

admin@canc.rpa.cs.nsw.gov.au admin@canc.rpa.cs.nsw.gov.au
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 17:01:35 +1000

Hi,

I forgot to mention 2 other "minor" problems, there ways around them. I guess I
should have mentioned this in my earlier email.

Just some background info, I'm using MacOS 9.2 with Mozilla as my browser
looking up my Horde CVS setup (last co from a few hours ago) running on Mandrake
8.1. I had to compile the latest 4.2.3 PHP source as Mandrake 8.1 had only 4.0.6
of PHP. Used the go-pear.php script to get the latest PEAR modules. I'm also
using PostgresSQL 7.1.2. Installing is always a breeze. I love Horde!

The PGP functionality looks to be all there, just some problems with a few
functions.

Importing the personal keyring was a problem. I think this could largely be to
do with the CR-LF problem with MacOS. So, I opened up my private keyring file,
I've never done this before either so never knew what it looked it like. The
keyring file is just the public and private keys concatenated. Easy fix, copy
and paste the keys into the dialog box of the key import window in IMP. This was
a 2 step phase. Looking at the keyring file with both keys in it, I guess if
this were imported from a file browser window instead of copy and pasting would
have been a one step job instead? I'm betting it's the CR-LF conversion problem
here. Anyway, I was able to import my keys.

The other problem is to do with my keyring has more than one email identities
attached to it, it's got two. If I were to click on "view" for the first entry
in Public Keys in the PGP options window, I got a blank window with an error
message "There is more than one entry". I also got some undefined index error if
I clicked on the first entry's "details" link. I tried to delete these to
re-import them again to see if it was anything to do with the way I imported
them. But, lo and behold, I couldn't delete the first entry, ever. I tried to
delete the first entry and got the same errors for clicking on "view", "There is
more than one entry". Bah. I was able to delete the 2nd entry, though. So I
deleted the first entry from within phpPgAdmin. I re-imported the keys OK. No
dramas. Still the same problem with clicking on the first entry's "view" or
"details" links.

This was all before I imported my friends public key into IMP.  The funny thing
about this is that if I clicked on the 2nd entry's "view" or "details" links, I
got the information for both keys. I import my friend's public key and clicking
on the "view" or "details" links worked correctly. But, always the problem with
clicking on the first entry of MY keys. So, I'm guessing this is some indexing
problem in the database.

Cheers,

--
Adam Armstrong
Network Manager

This message is intended for the addressee(s) named and may contain confidential
information.  If you are not the intended recipient, please destroy it and
notify the sender.  Views expressed in this message are those of the individual
sender, and are not necessarily the views of the Royal Prince Alfred Hospital or
Sydney Cancer Centre.

----- End forwarded message -----