[imp] Re: Question regarding Apache (php) segfault

sf speedfreak50@netscape.net
Thu, 26 Sep 2002 18:58:24 -0400

Amith Varghese wrote:

>> I've been fighting the Apache segfaults while running
Horde/IMP/Turba

> Glad I'm not the only one.... I'm still waiting to hear back from
the PHP
> people.  Since the bug got reclassified to PRCE related, I haven't
heard
> back from them.
>
> Amith

Thanks for putting that bug report in Amith!  I could never get a
useful enough backtrace to put a constructive bug report in.  Which
brings me to by next question: How did you get that backtrace?  It
looks like it's from an debug version of php, but whenever i
--enable-debug the segfault disappears!

I noticed the PHP guys haven't gotten back to you since your last post
- but i think a bug like this will be really tough to track down so
patience might be our only avenue right now.

>From your backtrace the segfault occurs while the pcre code is
comparing locales so i tried compiling with "-UHAVE_SETLOCALE" but no
dice there either.

I'm going to try this whole thing under Apache2 over the next few days
(time permitting) to see if that helps at all.  If it works, i'll
definitely let you folks know.

If anybody else has any ideas, speak up!

   -sf