[imp] Login: mailbox downloads

Robert Oliver robo45h@aol.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 11:11:35 -0400

Mike Cochrane wrote:

>>----- Message from robo45h@aol.com ---------
>>Actually, that was a typo. I'm running 1.3.26 which is the very latest
>>of the 1.3 line. All security holes patched. Apache 2.0 was giving me
>>problems with PHP in module mode with another application I run
>>(Gallery) and is noted on the PHP website as not yet fully supported. So
>>I had to fall back to Apache 1.3.26.
>>:-)
>>Does any php code run? what is in the file if you do download it?
>>
>>Have you restarted apache since changing config options?
>>
>>- Mike :-)

Mike,

Thank you for your continued assistance!

Yes, other code runs -- the entire Gallery PHP application runs fine.
 The file "mailbox" that downloads appears in my browser as screen full
of random garbage characters. Restarting Apache has not helped.  Alas,
perhaps I am not destined to run IMP. :(

I really suspect the problem is in a configuration file -- probably
Apache. And of course your "HowTo" information applies to Apache 2.0
whereas I am running 1.3.x. Unfortunately, the configuration entries for
the two versions differ sufficiently to confuse a novice like myself
(well, a novice at these software packages anyway).

Robert