[imp] Login: mailbox downloads

Robert Oliver robo45h@aol.com
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 12:35:23 -0400

Mike,

THANK YOU!

Everything seems to work now! That one setting changed IMP from
completely non-functioning to an impressive package! Don't have time now
to investigate the compression business anymore.

I do need to learn a bit more about the IMAP standards and functionality
from the point of view of understanding what happens when two different
IMAP clients access the same mailbox (in my case, IMP and Netscape 7.0
accessing a Mercury Mail server for the same user). At first, IMP
couldn't see any messages in the INBOX (showed 0 messages). Then I shut
down Netscape. Suddenly, IMP could see everything fine. Then I restarted
Netscape, and they both appear to be playing nice together.

Thank you again for your help! And since I have seen similar problems
unanswered in the past on the archives, now we have a solution posted
for others to find in the future.

Robert