[imp] Re: IMP does not show mail content

Markus Gaugusch markus@gaugusch.at
Sun, 29 Sep 2002 22:17:15 +0200 (CEST)

On Sep 29, Markus Gaugusch <markus@gaugusch.at> wrote:
> After importing mails from my old mbox files to the Cyrus server I'm using
> with IMP, I can't read those mails anymore. I used a perl script from the
> web to do this.
I found something out: A "normal" mail (saved via IMP from "Message
source") contains
--snip--
Subject: bla^M
^M

message text bla bla^M
--snip--

A mail that does not work contains
--snip--
Subject: foo^M
^M
^M
^M
broken message text that is never displayed^M
--snip--

The perl script adds \r\n to every line:
        s/$/\r\n/;        # IMAP requires CR/LF on each line
but this doesn't seem to be true for the lines between Subject and text?

I don't know perl and imap very good, so it would be nice if someone
helped me out :)

Markus
--
Markus Gaugusch       \ /    ASCII Ribbon Campaign