[imp] Missing options button & error log

David F. Reed davereed@W5SV.ORG
Tue, 01 Oct 2002 22:06:08 -0500

Mike,

I admit I am stupid in this area; there seems to be quite a few issues
involved, about which I know zilch.

I understand its all volunteers, and as such, one has to help ones' own
self to a high degree.

My problem is when there are cascaded lack of knowledge (me),
it is hard to resolve the dependencies.  Of course, it is unreasonable
to expect anyone to jump in and provide all the answers in a cook-book
like fashion

Mike Cochrane wrote:

>>----- Message from davereed@W5SV.ORG ---------
>>
>>I note a few issues (aside from them IMP seems to work
>>GREAT!).
>>
>>Problem (1): I cannot seem to get the options, and
>>filtering, to show when logged in.  I have looked
>>extensively for what to "turn on", but cannot seem
>>to find it.
>>

>you haven't configured a preference system...

So how is that done?  By going to the configuration of IMP page, I read
that I need to create a preferences storage container and set that up to
use it.  Neither of which do I know how to do. So, I am stuck...
I think I know how to go to the horde/config/horde.php to
set it to use sql, but that blows things up because I cannot seem to
correctly configure sql...

if you see what I mean by cascaded dependencies, this is an example;
I get a clue, fix one thing to trip on the next.  and, I have no idea
how many more there are behind it. (whine off)...

>>Problem (2) in /var/log/httpd/error_log, I get a lot of
>>errors of this sort:
>>
>>[Mon Sep 30 22:23:48 2002] [error] PHP Warning:  Division by zero in
>>/var/www/html/horde/config/horde.php on line 142
>>

>This is your config file.....

Okay, I believe you, but cannot figure what the objection is; more
cascaded dependencies.

oh well.  I accept I am in over my head, but I hate to give up on it;
is there anywhere a straight forward set of instructions for dummies
to set up imp?

--Dave

--
David F. Reed  -> email: W5SV@arrl.net