[imp] Small Name Display Bug in IMP 3.1

Rick Ennis ennis-buy@egwpartners.com
Thu, 3 Oct 2002 00:29:42 -0400

Forgive me if this has been covered, but I haven't followed the list in some
time.

I found what I believe to be a minor bug in IMP 3.1 for how it matches From
addresses in incoming messages against the user's email address(es) in their
Identities.  Maybe I can explain this better via example...

In the unique situation where my email address is a subset of the sender's
address (for example, say I'm bob@here.com and the sender of a message is
jimmyjoebob@here.com) IMP thinks the addresses are equal (identical).  As a
result  --and as would make sense-- it displays the customary "To:
bob@here.com" in place of the From: field in my mailbox message index
listing... essentially showing me who it is To, since it *thinks* it's From
me.

I traced the bug to the "hasAddress" function in imp/lib/Identity/IMP.php.
In "hasAddress" there's one "if" with a call to strpos().  The strpos()
function's arguments are reversed;  switching them corrects the problem.

I checked in cvs on the horde site and it looks like this is still an issue
in the bleeding edge code.
Is this the right place to report it?

--
Rick Ennis