[imp] Importing a netscape address book?

David F. Reed davereed@W5SV.ORG
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 17:23:27 -0500

Jan Schneider wrote:

>Zitat von "David F. Reed" <davereed@W5SV.ORG>:
>

>>I am not sure if I should be looking for a turba list,
>>

>You should.

I did before I heard from you, and found no answer in the FAQs; but
before I
posted the question there, I got an answer (below).

>>but my question is "is there an easy way to import a netscape address
>>book?"
>>

>Not unless someone writes an import driver. Do you volunteer?
>
>Jan.

Fortunately not all replies are as "helpful" as yours; I admit my ignorance,
in many areas no less.  But why waste the bandwidth for a reply of this
nature?

I did receive a helpful reply BTW, one that gave me a real answer;
maybe someone else will benefit from it too, so I pass it on below.

Obviously Jan, you did not think of it either, or you might have
suggested it
rather than your invitation to write a driver.

And it is so simple both of us should have thought of it...

Without further ado, (the answer, courtesy of : jshanley@wiretapped.us

--
David F. Reed  -> email: W5SV@arrl.net
(for pgp key: davereed@W5SV.org http://keys.pgp.com/ )