[imp] Lowercase Username

John C. Amodeo amodeo@admin.rutgers.edu
Thu Oct 10 20:05:49 PDT 2002

Greetings,

Does anyone know an easy way to force lowercase usernames on the IMP
login page?  For example, I have Cyrus IMAP servers using LDAP / sasl.
Once in a while, a user will login with an all caps username, and the
system will let them in, but their mailbox does not exist.  So we need a
method to either force a lowercase username in the login field, or use a
php function to automatically lowercase the username.  I wanted to do
something a little more graceful than just putting a disclaimer in the
motd file...

Any help is appreciated.

-John