[imp] imp login problem

Federico E. Petronio petronio at agro.uba.ar
Thu Oct 10 16:20:19 PDT 2002

Quoting chao lin <chao at summit-usa.com>:

> Hi, I have a login problem after I upgrade php from 4.0.6 to 4.1.2,
> I used redhat7.2, horde2.0, imp3.0, courier-imap1.4.2. I can login over
> imap
> plain and imap/ssl(using outlook express). But when I login using imp, it
> has
> the following error message in horde.log.
>
> HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN x.x.x.x to 127.0.0.1:143[imap] as test [on
> line
> 332 of "/var/www/html/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]
>
> I welcome any hints as to what's causing this problem. Thanks in advance!
>
> chao

I have a limilar problem cause by a "self-signed certificate". Try
"novalidate-cert" in imap login.

more info: http://www.php.net/manual/en/function.imap-open.php
"
To connect to an SSL IMAP or POP3 server with a self-signed certificate, add
/ssl/novalidate-cert after the protocol specification:

$mbox = imap_open ("{localhost:995/pop3/ssl/novalidate-cert}", "user_id",
"password");
"

--
                                        Federico Petronio
                                        petronio at agro.uba.ar
                                        Linux User #129974

---
Unix IS user friendly. It's just selective about who its friends are.