[imp] Postfix and IMP and firewall

menon at wired2net.com impuser at wired2net.com
Mon Oct 14 19:17:37 PDT 2002

Thanks for the quick response.

As suggested by you, I changed the 'server' entry in servers.php to say
'localhost'

and I added a new entry: 'hostname' => 'localhost'

Now when I try to log into it ... I get a
"Login failed for some reason. Most likely your username or password was
entered incorrectly."

Please remember that when I had the 'server' set to 192.168.0.x ... it did
allow me to log in fine but I had other problems as noted.

Also, we do not use SSL.

Some additional information that might help crack this case ...
I am remoting to the clients server via ssh ... and making the changes.

My PC is behind its own firewall

ie. (myPC) => firewall => internet => firewall => (clientPC)

Do I need to do any special setting on my firewall ... like forward port 143
? I don't think so ... but wanted to clarify.

Thanks !

Max