[imp] Please check the syntax of my SERVERS.PHP file

MaxM impuser at wired2net.com
Tue Oct 15 04:58:14 PDT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: "Eric Rostetter" <eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu>
To: "MaxM" <impuser at wired2net.com>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2002 11:22 PM
Subject: Re: [imp] Please check the syntax of my SERVERS.PHP file

> The folders value should be what ever directory or file prefix your mailer
> uses to store folders *other than INBOX* in.  Your inbox is in
/var/sppol/mail/
> but your other folders usually go elsewhere.  Often this is "mail/" but it
> can vary by mailer.
>
> Leaving it blank can cause *really* bad performance (as it can cause the
IMAP
> server, in many cases, to search all files/directories in your account, or
> in really bad configurations all the files/directories on the system!)

Please note that the above configuration is for POP3.  I want to make POP3
work first and then I will deal with IMAP.
The actual mail is stored in a flat file /var/spool/mail/username : where
username is a file with the messages in it.
So what should the folders section say ?

> One thing to try is to move the new messages to another folder.
> Then move one back, and see if you see it. If so, move another.  If it
breaks
> at some point, then that message is probably bad and causing IMP to die.
>
> IMP has really improved in handling bad messages lately, but ealier
release
> versions are known to die on bad (misformed) messages...

I just deleted all messages and sent a new one to it. Here is what my syslog
file reports when I refresh the mailbox.php window in the browser:

Oct 14 23:01:17 EHRAMAIL ipop3d[23372]: pop3 service init from
mail.realvaluexx.com
Oct 14 23:01:17 EHRAMAIL ipop3d[23372]: Auth user=testuser
host=[mail.realvaluexx.com] nmsgs=1/1
Oct 14 23:01:18 EHRAMAIL ipop3d[23372]: Logout user=testuser
host=[mail.realvaluexx.com] nmsgs=1 ndele=0

But still the inbox screen shows no messages  :-(