[imp] Folder trees

Viljo Viitanen vviitane+mail.imp at mappi.helsinki.fi
Tue Oct 15 19:10:34 PDT 2002

(I just noticed I failed to send this message to the list when I first
replied to it.)

Chuck, on 2nd October:

> > This doesn't look right to me, from poking at the code. Also, no one
> else
> > using Cyrus or Courier has reported problems with accessing folders
> which
> > also have subfolders... anyone?

Here, here!

Amith Varghese <amith at xalan.com>, 2nd October too:

> I'm using a CVS version of IMP (v 1.82 of Folder.php) with Courier and
> have no
> problems with subfolders.  I have nested sub-folders 4 levels deep and
> have no
> problems moving/copying messages to any of these folders or opening them.
>  Maybe
> its a problem with how the namespace is set?  Can Yann paste the
> servers.php that was used?

I'm using Imp 3.1 tarball and cyrus 1.6.25 and with the following relevant
settings in servers.php:
    'folders' => '',
    'namespace' => 'INBOX.',

With cyrus, there can be both folder levels which are folders themselves,
and levels which are not folders.

The problem is with folders outside INBOX (so called bulletin boards in
cyrus), Imp doesn't recognise folders which have subfolders in pulldown
lists. They are accessible from the Folders view, however. It the folders or
namespace setting are something different, things don't work as they should
(at all).

I fixed this by changing the following line in 3.1 Folders.php

!isset($list[$prefix . $namespace . $parent]) &&
!(isset($list[$parent]) || isset($list[$prefix . $namespace . $parent])) &&

Works for me. I don't understand why or how, but I don't care :)

--
Viljo Viitanen