[imp] How can I troubleshoot C-Client problems ?

menon at wired2net.com impuser at wired2net.com
Tue Oct 15 19:54:28 PDT 2002

Thank you Lloyd !

I am logged into client machine via ssh.

Versions: PHP 4.2.3, IMP 3.1, HORDE 2.1

After reading your suggestion, here is what I did:

I downloaded imap-2002.RC7.

Compiled everything there and move the ipop3d, ipop2d, imapd to /usr/sbin

moved c-client.a to /usr/lib/libc-client.a

configured php:

./configure --with-apxs --with-gettext --with-xml --with-mysql --with-imap=/
usr/lib

It configured fine.

restarted xinetd
restarted httpd

Problem still exists :-(

I can telnet to port 143 and it lets me log in ok.

Under Horde and IMP, it lets me log in as well ... it even shows the
intermediate INBOX screen where it has the word INBOX and a number next to
it to indicate the number of messages. But when I click on the INBOX it
cannot find the page.

If the choose POP3 instead of IMAP in the above example ... I do get a Inbox
screen (mailbox.php?) ... but it has 0 messages.

Any clues.