[imp][turba]quotes on addressbook-entries backslashed

Piper Andreas pipera@hrz.uni-marburg.de
Tue Oct 22 09:34:32 2002

my setup: Horde 2.1, IMP 3.1, Turba 1.1, PHP 4.1.2

In the Turba personal addressbook I have entries with 'Name' containing
double quotes, e.g.:
Name: "Andreas Piper", Email: pipera@hrz.uni-marburg.de

If I use the compose-window-popup by clicking on the email-address
in the turba browse-window, the To:-field comes up with additional
quotes and additional backslashes for each quote-mark, like this:
To: \"\\\"Andreas Piper\\\"\" <pipera@hrz.uni-marburg.de>

If I use the contact-list-window from the MessageComposition-window
to add the same entry into the To:-field, I get a different number of
backslashes, like this:
To: "\"Andreas Piper\"" <pipera@hrz.uni-marburg.de>

Apparently I would like to have the To:-field without any additional
quotes or backslashes. What am I doing wrong?

NB: the 'magic_quotes'-settings in PHP are set to OFF, as requested
by the installation instructions.

Thanks for any help,
Andreas Piper

Dr. Andreas Piper, Hochschulrechenzentrum der Philipps-Univ. Marburg
          Hans-Meerwein-Strasse, 35032 Marburg, Germany
Phone: +49 6421 28-23521  Fax: -26994  Email: piper@HRZ.Uni-Marburg.DE