[imp] redhat or mandrake ?

Walter R. Moore moorewr@eckerd.edu
Tue Oct 22 13:11:26 2002

I think either will work just fine. To my mind the only real differences
are on the GUI side (KDE v. Gnome etc).  Mandrake is more likely to use
beta packages & to update more frequently. Redhat is vaguely more
conservative...

Our IMP runs on Redhat 7.3 with no problems. I'm sure any major distro
from gentoo to SUSE would treat you fine. Ditto with OpenBSD and Solaris
x86. Go with the distro you are familiar with.

-Walter Moore
  (who administers Redhat, Solaris, IRIX, and SunOS).

Hotline.deho wrote:

> hi all,
>
> i've actually a horde/imp on a win200 station, but i'm interrest in
> installing on a linux station...
>
> i've the choice of :
> mandrake 9.0
> or
> redhat 8.0
>
> which one do you prefer ?

Walter R. Moore --  System Administrator, Eckerd College
moorewr@eckerd.edu --  http://home.eckerd.edu/~moorewr

"If you are going after Jesse James, you ought to organise the
posse first." -- Al Gore