[imp] Customizing imp

eculp@encontacto.net eculp@encontacto.net
Wed Oct 23 23:22:52 2002

Quoting Gary Weinreb <gweinreb@rocksolidsystems.com>:
 | eculp@encontacto.net wrote:
<SNIP>

 | It allows
 | >easily adding simple but different logins for each virtual host with their
 | >own look and feel.  Something like the screen shots at:
 | >
 | >http://monarchhost.com/pages.php?page=02/10/18/5456964
 | >
 | >It is actually quite simple and only takes a few minutes to add a new host
 | >after the first one which is always a bit more time consuming.  I also
 | >use horde/config/motd.php.

<SNIP>

 | >-------------------------------------------------
 | >
 | Ed,
 |
 | Hi.  I am a developer working with Horde (HEAD) as a platform for a
 | custom infrastructure application.  I read with interest the above
 | thread, and didn't catch whether Judy took you up on your offer, but I'd
 | sure like to!
 |
 | I was very impressed with the examples and would like to see how you
 | implemented these variations in an (apparently) modular manner.
 |
 | I hope you don't mind that I've contacted you off-list.  If you'd prefer
 | that I just pick up the thread on-list, or drop it altogether, please
 | just let me know....

Gary,

Since your email I've received a couple of other questions about changing
the horde apps look and feel.  As I told you it is a solution that has
developed out of necessity and hacked in at the time without a lot of
thought and no real design but it works for me. YMMV.

I took a few minutes and wrote a short explaination with txt copies of
the changes I have made and put it up at http://MonarchHost.com/share/

I hope this answers your questions and I look forward to and suggestions
that you may have for improvement.  I would really like to see something
like this in the horde framework.

ed