[imp] Username sent to IMAP server has _ appended

Gregor McCarthy listmail@ddsap.com
Fri Nov 1 11:59:54 PST 2002

I setup a test box, Win XP, Apache 2.043, SSL  MySQL, PHP 4.24 dev, Mercury
mail server, and I had a working Horde,IMP, Turba latest stable releases
running. Connect and send email fine.
We need PGP in our webmail so I deleted that entire setup including
database.

I then downloaded the latest Horde, IMP and Turba from CVS.  Lots of faffing
around later, Horde,IMP are working. I can send and receive email ( and
create and import PGP keys !!!)

Problem,

Whenever I logon to the mail server, the user name being sent to the IMAP
server has an underscore added to the username that was entered on the Horde
login.php page.

Eg: horde login screen says - Username  bilbo , Password  xxxxxx
IMAP server displays password failure user bilbo_ ,Pasword failure

If I create a user in the IMAP/mail server with an underscore, then the
login from Horde/IMP works fine.

eg: a username of bilbo will fail, a username of bilbo_ will work

Here is my servers.php bit, it was the same for my last working setup
(except for the newly added quota bit). The folders and namespace are left
deliberately blank. It works.

 $servers['imap'] = array(
    'name' => 'localhost',
      'server' => 'localhost',