[imp] wvHtml && IMP 3.1 = FALSE

Steve Stavropoulos steve@math.upatras.gr
Thu Nov 7 00:20:29 2002

On Tue, 5 Nov 2002, Steve Stavropoulos wrote:

>  I have Horde 2.1 / IMP 3.1 installed in a RedHat 7.3 server and is
> working great! Now I tried to get horde to use wvHtml (version 0.7.2)
> for displaying word documents and the only thing I get is a blank page
> when I click in the Filename of the attached .doc inside IMP. The logs
> doesn't show anything suspicious. horde.log shows nothing. Any ideas?
>
>  The changes in mime_drivers.php are: (uncommented the 'msword' and the
> $mime_drivers['horde']['msword'] stuff)

 Replying to myself I now see that the problem was that php was in safe
mode and that was the cause of the problem. Setting safe_mode=off solves
the problem with wvHtml, but I can't do that in my setup for security
reasons.
 In apache error.log I get:

sh: /wvHtml: Δεν υπάρχει τέτοιο αρχείο ή κατάλογος

(the greek means: No such file or directory) (NO, I don't like seeing
greek messages in my log)

If I touch /wvHtml && chown apache:apache /wvHtml I get in the
error.log:

sh: /wvHtml: Άρνηση πρόσβασης

(the greek means: "Access Denied")

 Does anyone has a clew as to why I get these messages and what can I do
about it? (safe_mode=off is not an option for me, and I really want
wvHtml to work...)