[imp] email notification is sort of useless.

Nate Mollring nmollring@cennecs.org
Thu Nov 7 16:16:43 2002

Quoting Hans de Groot <imp@dandy.nl>:

> Hi,
>
> I am using imp to read my email. before I used a pop client now I use imp
> only.
>
> Since I subscribed the imp list the new mail notification has become
> useless.
> I have a new mail message quite often.
>
> It would be so cool to beable to say to the filersystem per filter rule:
>
> automaticaly apply rule on incomming mail. (yes/no)
> show result of filter in html (yes/no)
> notify new as new mail (yes/no)
>
> This was I move all imp mail to the imp folder and not get notified about
> it.
>
> Thanx for you time
>
> Hans de Groot
I wonder what it would take to have the filters run before the inbox is
loaded?  And when doing the move, not put a filtered email in the inbox marked
as deleted(no new mail notification unless you have it set-up to check that
folder for new mail).  When I was using the imp filters I had 10+ different
filters, it worked well except for all the marked as deleted emails in the
inbox and the constant notification(until I turned it off).  I have since
removed all the filters and use procmail at the server level to sort the mail-
it works much better for me anyway.

Nate