[imp] really a horde_prefs question

jlewis@lewis.org jlewis@lewis.org
Fri Nov 8 00:00:38 2002

but it pertains to imp as that's the application causing the problem.

Anyway...I just got a complaint indirectly from a user that their webmail
filter rules (some 500 or so addresses to block) have disappeared.  In
looking into this, I'm guessing what's happened is they've exceeded the
capacity of horde_prefs.pref_value, which is a text field, and the
contents of the column were lost.  They have a second account with about
390 addresses blocked by filter rules, and its horde_prefs.pref_value for
pref_name = 'filters' is about 47000 chars.

What's the best way to attack this problem?  I suspect that many filter
rules is kind of excessive and not great for our server load.  Is there
any point in converting the pref_value column from text to mediumtext, or
should there just be some limit and overflow protection added to
filters.php...or perhaps both increase the column's capacity and make
some configurable limit?

I'm using horde-2.1, imp-3.1.

`BLOB'
`TEXT'
     A `BLOB' or `TEXT' column with a maximum length of 65535 (2^16 - 1)
     characters. *Note Silent column changes::. *Note BLOB::.

`MEDIUMBLOB'
`MEDIUMTEXT'
     A `BLOB' or `TEXT' column with a maximum length of 16777215 (2^24
     - 1) characters. *Note Silent column changes::. *Note BLOB::.