[imp] Sendmail via IMP is very, very slow

Jon Parise jon@horde.org
Mon Nov 11 15:06:21 2002

On Mon, Nov 11, 2002 at 06:45:54AM -0800, Mike Koponick wrote:

> I seem to have a performance issue of some sort, and  I was hoping someone
> could help.
>
> When sending E-Mail from IMP via IMAP it takes a LONG time to send a simple
> test message. The body of text consist nothing more than, "This is a test".
> >From what I have tested, it takes 2 minutes to send a test message, or any
> other type of message.
>
> When sending E-Mail from my Outlook client, I have no issues. Both my
> Outlook client and the IMP server are on the same network and go to the same
> server for sending mail.

I would guess that there is some kind of name resolution (e.g. a DNS
lookup) that is blocking and then timing out.

Does the compose window hang for two minutes, or does it just take the
message two minutes to arrive at its destination?

--
Jon Parise (jon@horde.org) :: The Horde Project (http://horde.org/)