[imp] Suggestion: removing quota info from message view

Tue Nov 12 16:31:04 2002

Quoting René Lund Jensen <lundeman@tbkol.dk>:

> FWIW I think this makes sence.
> AFAIK the most common way to access a message is via the mailboxview.
> So if I have just seen my quota on the mailbox view,
> why do I also have to see it in every messageview to ?

Because I normally start at the mailbox/folder view, then start reading
the messages.  It may take me a long time to read the messages, during
which I never return the the mailbox/folder view, but during which time
my quota changes.

If you normally only get a handful of emails, then it is probably a reasonable
thing to do.  But if you get a lot of email, then you probably spend 99% of
your time viewing the messages, and only 1% of the time viewing your
mailbox/folder view.

> Couldn't this at least be made a pref..??

Could be.  But not sure if it should be or will be.

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics

Why get even? Get odd!