[imp] Re: [horde] Login failed

hardik hbpandya@gnvfc.net
Wed Nov 13 14:09:48 2002

Sir,

I really apologize for the delay.

As mentioned in my earlier mail, I have already switched on the user input
for mail server, port & protocol. We have two IMP installation in the LAN.

1] One sitting on the same machine with Courier IMAP/qmail/vpopmail
installation -- mail.domain1.com (working perfectly)
2] Another on a different machine then Courier IMAP/qmail/LDAP
installation -- mail.domain2.com (problematic).

a] imp for domain1.com, imap for domain1.com --working ok
b] imp for domain1.com, imap for domain2.com -- message in horde.log as
below
c] imp for domain2.com, imap for domain2.com -- not working
d] imp for domain2.com, imap for domain1.com -- working ok

I could easily log in to the IMAP server of domain1.com using IMP
installation on domain2.com but not vice versa.
By enabling "$conf['log']['priority'] = LOG_DEBUG;" in horde.php to get all
types of error/warning/notice messages, I could see the message:

==
b] Nov 13 16:58:52 HORDE [error] [imp] FAILED LOGIN 10.10.10.1 to
mail.domain2.com:143[imap/notls] as hardik [on line 270 of
"/opt/horde/imp/lib/IMP.php"]

b] Nov 13 16:59:27 HORDE [notice] [imp] Login success for hardik@domain1.com
[10.10.10.1] to {mail.domain1.com:143} [on line 64 of
"/opt/horde/imp/redirect.php"]
==

Though we have specified  'protocol' => 'imap' in imp/conf.php for IMP
installation of domain2.com, it always try to log in using imap/notls, which
is not the case vice versa as can be seen above. The same happens using both
the IMP installation and IMAP server of domain2.com.

Does it mean a problem with IMAP server of domain2.com. Even not able to
'telnet 0 143' on that IMAP server for domain2.com.

Other thing, when I switched on the user input for mail server, protocol &
port on domain1.com, log in using POP3 on domain2.com, it shows the default
identity that of user@domain1.com  instead of user@domain2.com in compose
window. Also gives error while sending an email  "unable to contact to smtp
server localhost:25", does it require any additional config.

rgds,

Hardik