[imp] [horde] smtp problems

Matt graywiz@twrol.com
Thu Nov 14 00:13:16 2002

Greetings All,
      How's life?  I've been reading this list for only a few days, basicly
found it while searching for a solution to a problem I was having with
Horde/IMP...  I was getting an error that seems to show up on this list
quite a bit...  thought I'd offer a solution..  The errors I was getting were:

Warning: Failed opening 'Net/Socket.php' for inclusion
(include_path='.:/usr/share/pear') in /usr/share/pear/Net/SMTP.php on line 93

  Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: net_socket in
/usr/share/pear/Net/SMTP.php on line 95

The solution I came up with was amazingly simple..  <: -)  I went to this page:

http://pear.php.net/package-info.php?pacid=64

And downloaded the tar file on this page..  untarred it and placed the
socket.php in my /usr/share/pear/Net  folder, refreshed my page and the
problem was solved.

My particular setup is using a Redhat 8.0 version of linux, with the latest
horde, and imp setup.  It's been a challange getting things working with
the 8.0 version and I figured I'd not be the only one looking for this
particular solution.

Hope this helps..  You all have fun, Enjoy Life..  and keep smilin.. You
never know who's watching..

                Laters,

                The Gray Wizard
                (aka: Matthew Romero)