[imp] realm problem

Marcos Monge mmonge@satec.es
Fri Nov 15 10:56:41 2002

Hi everybody

I have been reading the archive but don't found a
solution. I'm using horde 2.1 and IMP 3.1, with mysql, and
authentication in a IMAP server. I have several IMAP
servers.

I want that the user select from the login window the
server (configured in servers.php, with the field realm
filled with the domain of that server), and that IMP
append to the username the realm field, like the
description of "realm" field said.

For example, the user "pepe" must connect to the IMAP as
"pepe@domain.com". The realm is different for each server.

The problem is that IMP don't use the REALM for nothing ¿?
I have try a lot of things. I also test with the following
in imp/config/conf.php:

---------------------------------
$conf['hooks']['vinfo'] = 'imp_get_vinfo';

if (!function_exists('imp_get_vinfo')) {
     function imp_get_vinfo ($type = 'username') {
         global $conf, $imp;

          if ($type == 'username') {
              return $imp['user'] . '@' . $realm_value;
          } elseif ($type == "vdomain") {
              return $realm_value;
          } else {
              return new PEAR_Error('invalid type: ' .
$type);
          }
      }
}

But the login in IMAP is: "username@" without the realm.
It's seens that the $realm_value variable is empty.

Someone can help me in something? I'm only want to append
the realm value in servers.php to the login name in the
IMAP connection.

Thanks in advance, and greetings from Spain.

Marcos Monge <mmonge@satec.es>
Sytem Administrator