[imp] use of X-Priority

Marc Fellman mfellman@xs4all.nl
Fri Nov 15 11:47:58 2002

<SNIP> ----- Bericht van jan@horde.org ---------
> Zitat von Marc Fellman <mfellman@xs4all.nl>:
>
> > I just did some tests with composing a mail with a different priority. I
> > expected them to showup in my inbox as important. That didn't happen. I
> > expected them to show up as important (in my case on a red line). Is this
> > intended behaviour? How should the X-priority work in IMP and how could I
> > set
> > the importance-flag of a mail to show up as important?
>
> X-Priority is a proprietary header of email clients like Outlook and isn't
> recognized by any imap server I know of.

Couldn't this be used to set the importance of the message in the "message-
view"? If it is 1 or 2 then mark this message as important. It could be that I
look at it wrong (missing some background knowledge of IMAP protocol and how
IMP uses it).

Is the method to set a message as important only something that is done in IMP
and not stored in the message itself? If this is stored in the message then
this could be used to exchange importance settings between imp clients.

Does this make sence?

> Jan.

<SNIP> --

--