[imp] Viewing PGP siogned messages not working properly in CVS HEAD

Gary Windham windhamg@email.arizona.edu
Sun Nov 17 22:17:31 2002

Hi, all.

Using the CVS HEAD version of IMP, updated on Friday (11/15), I am having
problems with GnuPG signature verification that I hadn't previously encountered.
 It seems that if I send a signed (only signed, not encrypted) message within
IMP, then view the signed message within IMP as well, the verification fails.  I
get the following error:

gpg: BAD signature from "Gary Windham <windhamg@email.arizona.edu>"

When viewed in another MUA supporting PGP (e.g., Evolution), this signature on
this message is successfully verified--using the same GnuPG executable.

A couple of other things I found:
1. If I sign+encrypt a message within IMP, then IMP will report the signature as
valid.
2. If I sign (or sign+encrypt) a message within Evolution, that message's
signature will not be succesfully verified within IMP.

Digging into the code a little, the only thing I can discern is that this
problem is somehow tied to how the MIME parts are added (in compose.php) for PGP
signed-messages, versus PGP signed+encrypted messages.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
--Gary
--