[imp] IMP and Postgres

Nemeth Ádam comp001@revai.hu
Mon Nov 18 14:59:22 2002

Hello,

	I'm a sysadmin in a school in Gyor, Hungary. We're using IMP 2.2.8
now, which is popular among the theachers and students. Now I'm developing an
integrated network portal environment and went again to horde.org to see what
version of IMP is the current. I've read about one year ago, that IMP doesn't
support PostgreSQL anymore for holding preferences, because of the changing
syntax in php4. We're still staying besides Postgres, and don't want to
install MySQL. How does IMP 3 hold its user preferences?

	I want also to use a custom way of logging in. We succeeded to check
if the user exists through pam, and the portal system'll ask for the real
user's password, and hold it as a php session element. I want IMP to accept
that authentication. Has anyone written such a trick yet, or I have to find
it out myself?

	Thx in Advance:

				Adam Nemeth <comp001@revai.hu>