[imp] Irregular connection problems mysql

RickardSvorén rickard@xpress.se
Wed Nov 20 10:24:21 2002

Hi

I am having some strange problems with my Imp/Horde/Turba installation.
The installation has been working for several months.
Some of my users are not able to change their preferences in Imp, so i
have made some research about the problem:

If a user have a new account and have never logged in to Imp and tries to
change
his settings, an error is printed the Horde.log file that looks like this:

Nov 09 11:10:06 HORDE [emergency] [imp] DB Error: connect failed: mysql,
localho
st, horde, zxzxzxzx, horde, horde_prefs [on line 102 of
"/var/www/html/horde/lib
/Prefs/sql.php"]

and the user only gets a blank page in his webbrowser that shows nothing.

If a user has succeded to change his settings/preferences (it has worked
earlier), he
can view his preferences but ONLY if he has one or more mail in his inbox.

I am using Redhat 7.3 as OS and i am connecting to an remote POP3 server which
always works fine when connecting from an ordinary pop3 client like Eudora.

These packages are installed:

imp-3.1-2
mcal-0.7cvs-0horde0
horde-2.1-3
php-imap-4.1.2-0horde1
mcal-devel-0.7cvs-0horde0
php-4.1.2-0horde1
php-mysql-4.1.2-0horde1
js-1.5rc4-2
sablotron-devel-0.82-1
sablotron-0.82-1

mysql-3.23.41-1
mysqlclient9-3.23.22-6
mysql-devel-3.23.41-1
mysql-server-3.23.41-1

I assume that there is something wrong in the database connection, or
perhaps a bug?

Thanks in advance!

/Rickard