[imp] Problem with viewing inline images.

Michael M Slusarz slusarz@bigworm.colorado.edu
Thu Nov 21 21:33:31 2002

Quoting Jan Kuipers <jrkuipers@lauwerscollege.nl>:

| > All works fine again within and between IMP and Mozilla mail, but
| > inline images
| > from MS-outlook still don't up in IMP (they _do_ in Mozilla mail ;) )
|
| This maybe caused by the fact that MS-Outlook doesn't use the
| content-disposition header

Hmmm.  That's strange.  My test message from Outlook produced a message with
the following headers:

-----

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01C29169.54E62E00

-----

It says attachment, so we MUST display as an attachment.  In the absence of
any Content-Disposition value, the following is the allowed behavior (RFC 2183):
   Content-Disposition is an optional header field. In its absence, the
   MUA may use whatever presentation method it deems suitable.

By default, Horde/IMP will mark the message part as inline. [See
horde/lib/MIME/Part.php].  If you can send the headers of your Outlook
message, I will see if anything is screwy.

michael