[imp] runtime error in javascript

Ken Weaverling weave@hopi.dtcc.edu
Mon Nov 25 10:03:56 2002

Quoting dimitra deka <dimi@ucnet.uoc.gr>:

> I have a problem not very important, but still is a problem! when I
> try to login to horde/imp using internet explorer I have a runtime
> error for javascript! Why is that?
> When I log in using mozilla no error occure!!

I've seen this happen when my server's server name did not match the DNS
name I was using to connect to the server. e.g., if foo.example.com and
bar.example.com both resolve to same IP (usually for name-based virtual
hosts), and the foo.example.com is the Server Name that horde runs under and
you connect via bar.example.com, IE throws up the javascript error.

In other words, when I first set up horde on a web server that only had one
server host (user home dirs so there was nothing at the root of the web
server), and I made a DNS name for it and had not yet set up the name-based
virtual hosts for it, whenever I hit it with the host alias, I got the
javascript error.

I hope this helps...