[imp] anybody using ldap for auth?

Klavs Klavsen kl@vsen.dk
Fri Nov 29 16:49:59 2002

If anyone of you is using ldap for auth, I would very much like a quick
insight, if possible.

How does your ldap-tree look like? - and to make horde/imp auth. up to
it, did you have to change any ldap-settings?

I've gotten as far, as defining horde Auth to use ldap, and set:

$conf['auth']['params']['hostspec'] = ('172.16.16.16');
$conf['auth']['params']['basedn'] = ('dc=enableit,dc=dk');
$conf['auth']['params']['uid'] = ('Manager');

btw. an example of this should perhaps be in the conf.php.dist? :)

and when I try to authenticate I get "empty result" back.
I've populated my ldap-tree the best I know how - with it having
ou=people under my basedn and it contains two cn=full name with
among other, the hordePerson objectClass assigned to them.

Any hints?

btw. I'll sum up my experience with horde/imp and ldap in a small
howto once it works.

Best regards,

Klavs Klavsen
Denmark