[imp] Default email in default identity

Stephen A. Cochran stephen.a.cochran.lists at cahir.net
Tue Dec 3 18:53:43 2002

I have horde/imp 3.1 set up, and there's a problem with sending mail.
Our IMAP user names can contain spaces, so if a user signs in with
"Test A. User", they can log in successfully. The problem is that the
default From: address generated is then "test a. user@dartmouth.edu".

This is easily fixed by going into the options, but I'd like to change
the default generation of this address. I didn't find where that was
happening in IMP, and so I'm wondering if it's part of Horde or IMP.

As a side issue, I followed the guide to setting up IMP on redhat
that's linked from the IMP page. This includes the step of setting the
mailer in horde/config/horde.php to sendmail. Only problem is sendmail
gives an error 127 when trying to send a message. I changed it back to
smtp and that works, but I'm wondering if sendmail is more efficient?
If so any ideas on the problem?

Thanks in advance.

Steve Cochran
Dartmouth College