[imp] RFC, 1000 chars and To field

Santiago Romero sromero at servicom2000.com
Wed Dec 4 08:24:31 2002

En Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:17:49 +0100 lst_hoe <lst_hoe@kwsoft.de> escribio:

> > I'm using horde and imp 2.x . RFC limits each smtp command line to
> > 1000 chars, and I'm wondering about what IMP does with
> >more-than-1000-chars TO fields. It seems that it tries to send the
> >messages with a single RCPT TO: command, so only the first N
> >addresses (with n < 1000 chars) receive the message.
> >
> > Is there any chance to force IMP to send the message with multiple
> > RCPT TOç
> >commands less than 1000 chars each one? :?
>
> Which RFC do you mean?

  http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc821.html

  (headers):

  text line
         The maximum total length of a text line including the
         <CRLF> is 1000 characters (but not counting the leading
         dot duplicated for transparency).

> Most mailservers have a configurable number for RCPT TO addresses per
> mail.

 That number is intended to LIMIT still more the number of addresses,
not to increase it over 1000 :(

 (Anyway, I'm using qmail).

--
Santiago Romero