[imp] Problem of using SMTP for sending outgoing though IMP 3.1

Eric Rostetter eric.rostetter at physics.utexas.edu
Thu Dec 5 04:04:18 2002

Quoting EdwardSPL@ita.org.mo:

> /**
>  ** Mailer
>  **/
>
> // What method should we use for sending mail? Valid options are
> // currently 'sendmail' and 'smtp'.
> $conf['mailer']['type'] = 'smtp';

We've been working on the assumption you had that set as "sendmail" and
not "smtp" until now.

> // An array holding any parameters that the Mail object will need to
> // function correctly. For sendmail, this is mainly the sendmail_path
> // option; SMTP requires at least a server and a port (if nonstandard).
> // If you want to use SMTP authentication, set the 'auth' parameter
> // to 'true' (without quotes).
> // $conf['mailer']['params'] = array();

Would not hurt to uncomment that (not needed if you define one of the
following).

> // $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('sendmail_path' =>
> '/usr/lib/sendmail');

Not needed for "smtp", but would be if you used "sendmail".

> // $conf['mailer']['params'] = array('host' => 'smtp.example.com');

You need to uncomment that, and change the host value to your actual
smtp host.  (You can also set this in imp/config/servers.php in some
versions)

--
Eric Rostetter
The Department of Physics