[imp] load balancing

Chuck Hagenbuch chuck at horde.org
Thu Dec 5 20:12:52 2002

Quoting Brian Clark <bclark@protocolusa.com>:

> I'd also like to know what people think of Zend Optimizer vs.
> php-accelerator in an IMP environment. I use The freeware Zend Optimizer
> now, but I really haven't noticed much difference. I am considering
> ripping it out and replacing it with php-a to see what happens.

To be fair, Zend Optimizer is *not* the same thing as Zend Accelerator -
optimizer by itself doesn't do much. The accelerator is what gives you
caching and the other things that'll really help performance.

-chuck

--
Charles Hagenbuch, <chuck@horde.org>
"People ask me all the time what it will be like living without otters."